<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 28, 2004

Come to Jesus?  : It’s late and I’m wrestling with a real problem. Mindy Smith is coming to town to play some music later this week. Knowing how much I am listening to her record, you might think this would be cause for joy, but you’d be wrong. See, I am really wrapped up in her tales of loneliness and emptiness – Hell, even the ones where she sings about Jesus and God above aren’t turning me off. No way should I be into this, I don’t know what it is about her. Well, partly I do but I’m not sharing. It’s just going to be real hard to be in her presence, that’s all I’m sayin’. It’s not the natual order of things for someone like me to be near someone like her. I mean technically a dandelion and an orchid are both flowers, but you never see them in the same arrangement. I might get struck down, my gruesomeness an affront to her amazing radiance.

Right, I’m exaggerating just a touch. Yeah, I’ll go see her and I’ll enjoy it… but it’s gonna mess me up for a few weeks, I reckon.