<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 01, 2003

: More Joss, More JOSS!: I just came across this 5-and-a-half-minute Joss Stone promo documentary. Click to see Little Beaver! This buzz around Joss is building slowly, but has a chance to get very big. All the pieces are in place for a solid story, but the story won't be complete without radio. I know EMI has picked up on the record and are starting to put some muscle behind it, so we'll see what happens. There might be a video for the song "Super Duper Love" which is a great song, but the real winner is her White Stripes cover "Fell In Love With A Boy." I see the potential for an Alien Ant Farm sort of career arc, where the first single is just OK but the second single really demands attention,and thus the breakout. Maybe setting up the second single to be the hit is the way to go? Norah Jones did it mostly without radio, but at least was able to tour. I don't know what else to say -- you already know how I feel about Soul Sessions. They recorded something quite special, and I think it will resonate. More info? The official Joss Stone site @ S-Curve Records.