<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

: Under the Radar Sure, Napster is back. iTunes is out for Windows and Musicmatch is keeping pace with the big names. Yet, one of the better sites to buy music has been around for years, and I'm not talking about Emusic. Last night I paid $3.50 to Weblisten.com and got an 8 hour window to download what I needed from their site. I didn't go as nuts as I could have -- I just picked up Kosheen's Kokopelli. I got The new release from the Cardigans called Long Gone Before Daylight. I got some house music with Safri Duo's 3.0 and I got the brand new Absolution from Muse. I topped it off with an older (2001) ambient jazz album Moving by a guy named Bugge Wesseltoft. The key here is that these albums are not available in North America - they are imports that cost $25-$30 each here. The service also has most releases from the regular major labels -- in unchained normal MP3 format. I guess you could say that I scored.